You have no items in your shopping cart.
Monitoring Residents for a Change in Condition Info:
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Define what is meant by a change in condition.
- Name examples of changes in condition.
- Explain common causes of changes in condition.
- Define the term “baseline” as it applies to a resident’s condition.
- Explain how a resident’s baseline may be determined.
- Discuss what to observe when caring for and monitoring a resident’s physical or emotional condition or social functioning.
- Discuss what to do if a change in condition is noticed.
- 1. Introduction
- a. Definition
- b. Examples
- 2. Causes for a change in condition
- a. Medication side effects
- b. Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- c. Various conditions that create an increase in falls
- d. Various conditions that cause delirium
- e. Other
- 3. Establishing a baseline
- a. Pre-admission assessment
- b. Reports from family
- c. Direct assessments conducted by Community
- d. Getting to know the resident
- 4. Determining a change in condition
- a. Physical, mental or emotional changes
- I . Observation assessment
- ii. Pressure ulcers
- b. Social changes
- 5. What to do if a change in condition is noted
- a. Hospice
- b. When to call 9-1-1
- c. Reporting to family/responsible party
- d. What to do if a change in condition is noted
Josh Allen is a Registered Nurse with over 20 years of experience in senior living. As the Director of InTouch at Home, Josh oversees all aspects of business development, care, services, and operations for the organization. As a part of the SRG Senior Living family of companies, InTouch at Home delivers personalized care and services to clients living in senior living communities as well as private residences across three states.
Josh also serves on the board of the American Assisted Living Nurses Association, and represents AALNA on the boards of the Center for Excellence in Assisted Living and Coalition of Geriatric Nursing Organizations. Josh has previously served as President and CEO of Care and Compliance Group, a leading training solutions provider.
|Course Type||Online Course|