You have no items in your shopping cart.
Inhalers and Nebulizers Info:
Inhalers and nebulizers are common devices used to deliver medications directly to the airways in the lungs. This course provides a brief overview of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and asthma to familiarize the learner with two common medical conditions that are treated using an inhalers and nebulizers. Types and names of medications used in inhalers and nebulizers are described. How to properly use inhalers and nebulizers to obtain proper dosage of medication is presented in detail.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- 1. Briefly define and describe COPD and asthma.
- 2. Name the two common types of medications used in inhalers and nebulizers.
- 3. Explain what corticosteroids and bronchodilators do when inhaled.
- 4. Discuss the types of anti-inflammatory, bronchodilators, and combination drugs commonly used in inhalers.
- 5. Describe how to properly use and maintain metered dose inhalers, nebulizers, and dry powder inhalers.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Overview of COPD and Asthma
- a. COPD
- b. Asthma
- 3. Common medications used in inhalation devices
- a. Anti-inflammatory medications
- i. Corticosteroids
- ii. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- b. Bronchodilators
- i. Short or rapid-acting
- ii. Long-acting
- c. Combination medications
- 4. Types and proper use of inhalation devices
- a. Metered dose inhaler (MDI)
- b. Nebulizers
- c. Dry powder inhaler (DPI)
- 5. Conclusion
Josh Allen, RN
Josh Allen is a Registered Nurse with over 20 years of experience in senior living. As the Director of InTouch at Home, Josh oversees all aspects of business development, care, services, and operations for the organization. As a part of the SRG Senior Living family of companies, InTouch at Home delivers personalized care and services to clients living in senior living communities as well as private residences across three states.
Josh also serves on the board of the American Assisted Living Nurses Association, and represents AALNA on the boards of the Center for Excellence in Assisted Living and Coalition of Geriatric Nursing Organizations. Josh has previously served as President and CEO of Care and Compliance Group, a leading training solutions provider.
|Course Type||Online Course|