You have no items in your shopping cart.
Essential Technology Skills for Administrators Info:
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss each of the basic technology skills that an effective administrator must possess.
- Discuss the intermediate and advanced technology skills that an effective administrator may need to possess.
- By performing a self-assessment, determine your own technology strengths and weaknesses.
- Name five ways you can improve your technology skills.
- Explain some of the computer threats to email use, including malware.
- Describe six ways to protect you and your computer from malicious threats that can be obtained via email or internet sites.
- Discuss common email and text messaging etiquette.
- Name the advantages and limitations of using cell phone text messaging.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Administrators and technology
- a. Basic skill (must have)
- i. Computer operation
- ii. Desktop Management
- iii. File management
- iv. Word processing skills
- v. Email
- vi. Internet
- b. Intermediate skills
- i. Spreadsheets
- ii. Databases
- iii. Accounting
- iv. Business management
- v. Electronic presentations
- c. Advanced skills
- i. Desktop publishing
- ii. Website design
- iii. Videoconferencing
- d. Computer skills self-assessment
- e. How to improve technology skills
- f. Email
- i. Etiquette
- ii. Threats to email user
- 1. Spamming
- 2. Spoofing
- 3. Phishing
- 4. Malware
- iii. Viruses
- iv. Worms
- v. Trojans
- vi. Spyware
- vii. Adware
- viii. Simple rules to protect your computer
- g. Cell phone text messaging
- i. Advantages and limitations
- ii. Text messaging etiquette
- iii. Common texting acronyms and symbols
- 1. Abbreviations
- 2. Emoticons
- 3. Conclusion
Josh Allen, RN
Josh Allen is a Registered Nurse with over 20 years of experience in senior living. As the Director of InTouch at Home, Josh oversees all aspects of business development, care, services, and operations for the organization. As a part of the SRG Senior Living family of companies, InTouch at Home delivers personalized care and services to clients living in senior living communities as well as private residences across three states.
Josh also serves on the board of the American Assisted Living Nurses Association, and represents AALNA on the boards of the Center for Excellence in Assisted Living and Coalition of Geriatric Nursing Organizations. Josh has previously served as President and CEO of Care and Compliance Group, a leading training solutions provider.
|Course Type||Online Course|