You have no items in your shopping cart.
Depression and Suicide Info:
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Contrast the myths and facts about depression and suicide among aging adults.
- Define depression.
- Discuss the symptoms of depression.
- Explain the causes of depression among the elderly and assisted living residents.
- Recognize if a resident in assisted living is depressed.
- Describe the current statistics on depression among older adults.
- Discuss ways to reduce the risk of depression among assisted living residents.
- Discuss how to ensure a depressed resident gets a correct diagnosis.
- Describe how to identify residents at risk of suicide.
- Discuss ways to reduce the risk of suicide among assisted living residents.
- Identify what steps should be taken if a resident appears to be suicidal.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Depression: Facts and Myths
- 3. Depression
- a. Definition
- b. Symptoms
- c. How to unsure accurate diagnosis
- 4. Incidence of depression in assisted living
- a. Current Statistics on depression among assisted living residents
- 5. Causes of depression among assisted living residents
- a. Common themes
- b. Studies of assisted living residents, social support and depression
- 6. Ways to reduce the risk of depression
- a. Building relationships
- b. Identification
- c. Treatment
- 7. Suicide and older adults
- a. Suicide statistics
- b. Risk factors
- 8. Ways to reduce risk of Suicide
- a. Warning signs
- b. Prevention
- c. Identifying at risk residents
- d. Steps to take if a resident appears suicidal
|Course Type||Online Course|