You have no items in your shopping cart.
Coping with Memory Loss Info:
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Distinguish signs of normal memory changes with aging from more serious memory loss.
- Describe the stages of how the brain forms memories.
- Define 3 types of memory.
- Name common causes of memory loss.
- Describe tips that can help persons cope with their memory loss.
- Describe tips that can help families and caregivers who are caring for a person with memory loss.
- 1. Introduction
- a. The Brain
- 2. How memories are made
- a. Memory
- b. Three main stages in the formation and retrieval of memory
- c. Three types of memory
- d. Serious memory loss
- e. Causes of memory loss
- f. MCI vs. Dementia
- g. Memory Changes with aging
- 3. Coping: The person affected
- a. Tips to help a person cope
- 4. Suggestions for families and caregivers
- a. Tips to help families and caregivers take care of themselves
- b. Tips that families and caregivers can do to help residents with more severe memory loss
- 5. Conclusion
Josh Allen is a Registered Nurse with over 20 years of experience in senior living. As the Director of InTouch at Home, Josh oversees all aspects of business development, care, services, and operations for the organization. As a part of the SRG Senior Living family of companies, InTouch at Home delivers personalized care and services to clients living in senior living communities as well as private residences across three states.
Josh also serves on the board of the American Assisted Living Nurses Association, and represents AALNA on the boards of the Center for Excellence in Assisted Living and Coalition of Geriatric Nursing Organizations. Josh has previously served as President and CEO of Care and Compliance Group, a leading training solutions provider.
|Course Type||Online Course|