Injury and Illness Prevention Program for Assisted Living and Residential Care Communities Info:
The Injury and Illness Prevention Program is specifically designed for assisted living and residential care communities, our manual includes policies and procedures, documentation forms, checklists, and staff training tools.
Most states require that all employers have an IIPP. According to OSHA: "Injury and Illness Prevention Programs…are universal interventions that can substantially reduce the number and severity of workplace injuries and alleviate the associated financial burdens on U.S. workplaces. Many states have requirements or voluntary guidelines for workplace injury and illness prevention programs. Also, numerous employers in the United States already manage safety using Injury and Illness Prevention Programs and we believe that all employers can and should do the same."
"The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that approximately 3.3 million serious work-related injuries and about 4,300 fatalities occurred in 2009. The human cost of preventable workplace injuries and deaths is incalculable. However, according to the 2010 Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index, the direct cost of the most disabling workplace injuries and illnesses in 2008 amounted to $53.42 billion in U.S. workers compensation costs, more than one billion dollars per week."
Table of Contents
Our comprehensive manual is organized into major sections to make finding policies faster and easier. Below you will find an overview of the major sections.
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Hazard Assessment and Correction Records
- General Workplace Safety
- Hazard Communication Program (Updated)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plans
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Instructor Guide and Learner Workbook
- Forms and Checklists
- 205 page policy manual
- General Workplace Safety DVD, with instructor guide, learner workbook, exam, and certificate of completion
- Resource CD containing the entire manual and forms in Microsoft Word and PDF format for easy reprinting and customization