Our 3-Day Activity Leader certification course will prepare you or your staff to successfully lead an activity program that engages your residents and enriches their lives. Take advantage of this Activity Leader certificate course and propel yourself forward into the industry of Assisted Living. A solid foundation of social programming will enhance every opportunity that is coming your way. In 24 hours, you too, could become a member in the movement toward person centered services.
California RCFE Requirements
This course will help you stay in compliance with the activity staffing requirements in California RCFE regulation 87219, which states:
- "In facilities licensed for sixteen (16) to forty-nine (49) persons, one staff member, designated by the administrator, shall have primary responsibility for the organization, conduct and evaluation of planned activities. This person shall have had at least six (6) months experience in providing planned activities or have completed or be enrolled in an appropriate education or training program."
- "In facilities licensed for fifty (50) persons or more, one staff member shall have full-time responsibility to organize, conduct and evaluate planned activities, and shall be given such staff assistance as necessary in order for all residents to participate in accordance with their interests and abilities. The program of activities shall be written, planned in advance, kept up-to-date, and made available to all residents. The responsible employee shall have had at least one year of experience in conducting group activities and be knowledgeable in evaluating resident needs, supervising other employees, and in training volunteers."
This course provides an overview of key activities information; including:
- Day 1: Roles and responsibilities for creating activity programming for people living in an assisted living community.
- Day 2: Hands-on participation and teaching on the value of resident directed services and person centered services through personalized social programming.
- Day 3: Mind, body, and spirit through joy, life, and laughter. Practical methods for meeting the needs of people experiencing memory loss. Provides 4 hours of CE on dementia care.
Please be sure to choose your dates/location from the drop down list above.
|Anaheim||ACT091||Fri, July 11, 2014
Sat, July 12, 2014
Sun, July 13, 2014
|Sheraton Anaheim Hotel
900 South Disneyland Dr.
Anaheim, CA 92802
(Note Fee Parking Per Day: $5.00)
|Hayward||ACT093||Wed, December 3, 2014
Thur, December 4, 2014
Fri, December 5, 2014
|Care and Compliance Group
26010 Eden Landing Rd. #2
Hayward, CA 94545
|Sacramento||ACT094||Mon, December 8, 2014
Tue, December 9, 2014
Wed, December 10, 2014
Course Information and Approvals
- Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm each day
- Instructor: Maria Ciscoe, AD
- Continuing education approved for RCFE, ARF, RN, LVN, CNA, MFCC, and LCSW
- California DSS/CCL Vendor #: 2000174-740-2 (RCFE)
- California DSS/CCL Vendor #: 2000174-735-2 (ARF)
- BRN Provider #: CEP9534
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences (LCSW/MFCC) Provider # PCE1479