HIV/AIDS Training For The Care Provider
This course will provide the care provider relevant knowledge about HIV and AIDS. Demographic, geographic, and incident rate data is presented. To assist in their care of residents, care providers will obtain knowledge on the HIV/AIDS clinical signs, symptoms, modes of transmission, risk factors, prevention, and screening and diagnosis. Common HIV medical complications are presented. The participant will receive an overview of how the HIV virus duplicates and the general classes of drugs that target each stage of HIV replication. Participants will gain an understanding of the psychosocial challenges of persons with HIV/AIDS and the importance of positive psychosocial support systems. Universal precautions and care facility considerations.
- NAB Approved - The long term care administration program at Care and Compliance Group is approved by the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards. For additional information, contact NAB at 1444 I St., NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005-2210, (202)712-9040, or www.nabweb.org.
- Approved by the California Department of Social Services for RCFE Administrators, vendor # 2000174-740-2
- Approved by the California Department of Social Services for ARF Administrators, vendor # 2000174-735-2
- Approved by the California Department of Social Services for Group Home Administrators, vendor # 2000174-730-2
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 9534, for the contact hours shown above.
- Provider approved by the Department of Health Services, Aid & Technician Certification Section Nurse Aide Certification #7019, for the hours listed.
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences (LCSW/MFCC) Provider # PCE1479.
- Washington DSHS CE.
- Oregon Department of Human Services CE.