California RCFE Administrator Certification
Texas Assisted Living Manager Course
New Mexico Assisted Living Administrator Certification

California ARF Administrator Certification

How do I become an Administrator?

Becoming a Certified ARF Administrator is easy with Care and Compliance Group. The first step is to register for one of our certification classes. Use the calendar at the bottom of this page to find a class near you.

After you have attended one of our ARF Administrator Certification classes you must take and pass the state exam. The final step is to submit your application to the Department of Social Services to receive your certification.

Do I have to meet certain qualifications?

To be certified as an ARF Administrator you must meet the qualifications outlined in regulation 85064. This includes being at least 21 years of age; having a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent; and having the knowledge and ability to meet regulatory requirements and provide care and supervision. Administrators in communities of more than 15 residents must meet additional education requirements.

What is an ARF?

Adult Residential Facilities (ARF) are facilities of any capacity that provide 24-hour non-medical care for adults ages 18 through 59, who are unable to provide for their own daily needs. Adults may be physically handicapped, developmentally disabled, and/or mentally disabled.

Includes mandatory HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis Training at no additional charge!

In addition to the basic administrator certification training requirements, ARF Administrators are required to complete 4 hours of HIV and TB training every 2 years. We offer this course in the afternoon of day one at each of our ARF Administrator Initial Certification locations listed below at no additional charge.


How do I open an ARF?

The facility licensure process is different from the Administrator Certification process. Think of it this way: the Administrator (person) is certified, the facility (building/property) is licensed.

What about Regional Center?

In addition to being licensed by the Department of Social Services, most ARF providers who care for developmentally disabled clients are vendorized with Regional Center